Safety cautions should be complied with for preventing accidents or damage to properties.
Do not disassemble/repair/modify.
Possible malfunctions may cause fire or electric shock.
Do not let metallic material or liquid in the product.
This may cause failure or fire on the product or electric shock.
Do not use the product if it is broken.
If the product is broken, it may cause severe
damage to the system, fire, and electric shock.
Avoid directly facing a beam lit from the optical-out for preventing damage to vision.
Do not forcibly fold or pull the connection cable and other cables.
This may cause failure or fire on the product or electric shock.
Slide up the output volume bit by bit from min to max for appropriate volume control.
Excessively high volume may cause negative influence on your auditory functions.
■ It can be used PCIe slot of motherboard, highly compatible C-Media chipset is adopted.
■ Analog 5.1 channel output, microphone and line-in terminal jack are adopted, it is faithful to multimedia features.
■ The MAYA 5.1 PCIe has stereo mix function so it supports the internet broadcast, music broadcasting and YouTube etc.
■ Microphone amplifier function is adopted, when using microphone that has a low sensitivity, it can amplify an incoming signal.
· Analog Output : 5.1 channel output (3.5㎜ Stereo mini jack)
· Analog Input : MIC, LINE IN (3.5㎜ Stereo mini jack)
· Card Type : PCIe 1x, LP
· Supported Frequency : 44.1㎑, 48㎑
· OS : Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, 32 / 64-bit 호환
■ System Requirements
System requirement is crucial to take full advantage of high quality sound and multimedia features provided by MAYA 5.1 PCIe. MAYA 5.1 PCIe is basically designed to use minimum computer source, but you are strongly encouraged to meet recommended system requirement for maximum performance.
■ Recommended System
· Intel Dual core or higher or equivalent AMD CPU
· Intel, AMD chipset motherboard
· 4GB or more main memory
· One available PCIe slot (compatible with PCIe 1x, 4x, 8x, 16x slot)
· Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit recommended)
· S-ATA type hard disk (SSD recommended)
· 5.1 channel speakers or amplifier built-in 2 channel (2.1 channel) stereo speakers
※ Very high system performance and highly featuring latest graphic card are required for playing lasted 3D game and for playback high-definition formatted movies such as blue-ray / HD DVD and H.264 / VC-1 and so forth.(High performance Dual Core CPU, 4GB or more RAM, and Direct X 11-supporting graphic card are reco㎜ended)
■ Package Contents
· MAYA 5.1 PCIe card
· LP type fixed bracket
※ Audiotrak's public website provides driver and user's guide. Please visit our website.
Description of Connectors
① MIC-IN : Connecting with a microphone.
② LINE-IN : Connecting with the external audio devices.
③ FRONT-OUT : Connecting with a speaker with 2 channel and 2.1 channel / headphones / earphones etc. or a front of 5.1 channel speakers.
④ REAR-OUT : Connecting with a rear of 5.1 channel speakers.
⑤ CENTER-OUT : Connecting with a center/woofer of 5.1 channel speakers.
※ The color is subject to change without notice.
Removal of the case from the computer
Those who are not familiar with hardware installation had better install the product with an acquaintance who knows about computer well, and those who install the product for the first time should read below to install the product.
Preparing for installing PCIe card as follows,
1) The PCIe card is wrapped with static electricity prevention plastic. You had better not unwrap the PCIe card before installing it on your computer for preventing any damage.
2) Turn off your computer. Disconnect the power cable.
3) Remove the computer case from the computer. Check one vacant PCIe slot located on the motherboard of your computer for installation of the PCIe card.
4) Touch a metal part of the computer case or other grounded materials to discharge static electricity within your body. The static electricity is partially removed by rolling up the sleeves or washing your hands with soap.
5) Hold the PCIe card by an edge and a guide part which is a place for securing the PCIe card to the computer case with screw. You had better not touch the parts inside the edge of the PCIe card.
Installation of hardware devices
1) Remove the computer case from the computer. Acco㎜odate the sound card to a vacant PCI Express 1x (PCIe 1x) slot. The latest motherboard usually has three types of slots which are the longest PCI Express 16x slot for graphic card, the shortest PCI Express 1x slot, and the PCIe slot for the PCI sound card. The PCIe slot has the same length with the PCI sound card so that users can easily locate the PCIe slot.
※Caution : For slim case, exchange the sound card with the provided LP type bracket, and then install.
2) Locate a PCIe slot. Remove the empty guide from the computer case. The guide is usually inserted in a vacant slot. When installing an extension multimedia card, users are strongly encouraged to acco㎜odate the sound card to a slot which is positioned one or more slot away from the graphic card.
3) Insert the sound card in a vacant slot. Slowly press the sound card after exactly aligning the bottom and the guide part of the sound card with the slot. Firmly press the sound card into the slot until it fits snugly, and then use the screw to secure the guide part and computer case.
※ Caution : If the sound card is wrongly acco㎜odated to the PCIe slot, then the power is on,system including the sound card may cause severe damage.
4) After completing the installation of the sound card, place the computer case back on the computer, reconnect the power cable, and install the speaker.
※Caution : Users should use AMP-embedded speaker using power cable.
■ Windows 10 / 8 / 8.1 / 7
① After completing sound card installation, restart your computer. If you are prompted for new driver found, click Setup.exe file. You can download on Audiotrak's public website.
② After completing the installation, restart your computer if prompted.
③ Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar and click the playback device, you can use sound setting.
You can use the volume control, analog output channel setting and recording settings etc. in the sound setting to appear from the window screen.
1. Set the speaker "C-Media PCI Audio Device" as Default Device.
2. Choose the speaker "C-Media PCI Audio Device" in Speaker Setup, you can select the speaker setup.
3. Choose the speaker "C-Media PCI Audio Device" in Speakers Properties, and then an incoming signal output to speaker using volume control, microphones and line-in in Levels tab.
※ If using 'Stereo Mix" recording function, uncheck the mute in Levels tab and then turn up the volume properly.
4. After choosing the recording device to use in Recording tab, set as Default Device.
※ To use a microphone recording, choose microphone in Recording tab and then set as Default Device.
※ To use 'Stereo Mix' recording function, set as Default Device, Stereo Mix -> Right click -> Enable.
Control Panel Fuctions and Setting
After restarting your computer, the PCI 3D Audio Configuration icon is created on the taskbar.
Click the PCI 3D Audio Configuration icon on the taskbar, and then control panel appars on the screen.
■ Sets speaker output channel and speaker test in the Main Setting.
■ When using 5.1 channel speaker, please set to 6 channel.
■ Sets volume control and recording setting in the Mixer tab.
■ If you click the hammer icon, you can use microphone amplifier function in the Advanced Settings.
■ Sets Environment effect and Equalizer in the Effect tab.
■ The Information tab displays the Audio CODEC and DirectX Version etc.
Check-ups for Driver Installation
There are some check-out points to be performed prior to driver installation as follows.
Deactivating Embedded Sound Devices
The sound devices are generally embedded in the most of latest motherboard and are considerably inferior to the PCI sound card purchased. Newly installed PCI sound card occasionally conflicts with on-board sound devices. 3~6 stereo terminals around USB port indicate that there are existing sound devices on the motherboard. Please refer to below for setting the sound devices as “Disable”.
※Caution : In case of wrong setup of motherboard ROM BIOS, it may cause a booting error. Users are strongly encouraged to consult about the setup with manufacturer of your motherboard.
1) Turn on your computer, and then keep pressing [DEL] to enter UEFI Setup(CMOS Setup). Method for entering the UEFI Setup(CMOS Setup) may differ depending on the motherboard, mostly by pressing [DEL], but rarely by pressing F1, F2, or F10.
2) Select Sound Setting mostly from Onboard Device Configuration or Integrated Peripherals, but rarely from Advanced Setting or Chipset Setting.
3) Set Onboard Sound, HD Audio, AC`97 Audio, MIDI, and Gameport as Disable. Press Esc.
Then Save & Exit appears. Press the Save & Exit to complete the setting.
예) Onboard Device Configuration → High Definition Audio → [Disable]
Integrated Peripherals → HD Audio Controller → [Disable]
If your motherboard has different CMOS setting details from details described above, please consult with manufacturer of your motherboard. Because the CMOS setting details are slightly different depending on the motherboard.
Motherboard Chipset Patch and Windows Update
Unless motherboard chipset driver, window update, and service pack are properly installed, error or continuous noise may occur during driver installation of the PCIe sound card. Therefore, if the operating system is newly installed, window update and service pack as well as motherboard chipset patch driver included in the installation CD bundled with motherboard should be applied prior to installation of the sound card. If you think you don`t know well enough about your motherboard chipset, please consult with manufacturer of your motherboard.
FAQ / TIP provides tips for solving problems you may encounter during the use of MAYA 5.1 PCIe.
Q: How Can I Remove Driver...?
The driver is required to be updated, remove the previously installed driver, restart the system, and reinstall the driver. For removing the driver, remove C-Media Audio Device in the Control Panel → Program Add/Remove. On Windows 10, please remove C-Media Audio Device in the Apps & features.
Q: Do I have to mount a card into the PCI Express 1x slot...?
No, it's compatible with PCI Express 16x slot, PCI Express 8x slot and PCI Express 4x slot.
Q: What If the Computer Do Not Recognize the Device...?
Your computer do not recognize the PCIe card which doesn’t fit snugly, so that errors may occur. Separate the PCIe card from the PCIe 1x slot and then firmly press the PCIe card into the PCIe 1x slot again. If the PCIe 1x slot is defective, try to install the PCIe card on another PCIe 1x slot. Gold-striped tabs of old PCIe card which are directly contacted to the PCIe 1x slot may be corroded by dust or water that are invaded inside the computer, so please scrub the gold-striped tabs clearly with eraser or lubricant.
Q: What If the Computer Is Down During Driver Installation...?
The driver may conflict with other hardware devices so that the computer gets down during driver installation. Check if there is an on-board sound device on the motherboard, if so, deactivate the embedded sound device. After that, if you still experience the problem, try to install the sound card on another slot. If the computer is still abnormal, remove the existing PCI devices to perform inspection and consult with service center QnA.
※Reference : Deactivating Embedded Sound Devices
Q: How Can I Do When Noise Is Generated From the Speaker Although the Sound Card Is Properly Installed...?
1) Turn down window and speaker volumes.
First, turn down the window basic mixer volume, and then control the volume of the sound card to prevent excessive output.
2) Check the graphic card and LAN card, and Disconnect IRQ.
In case that the sound card conflicts with an embedded sound device or shares IRQ with the graphic card and LAN card, noise is most frequently generated. Abnormal acceleration of some of the graphic card may cause increase in PCI bus occupancy or abnormality of the PCI. So, for troubleshooting the graphic card driver should be replaced with a regular one, and if the over-clock is applied, cancel the over-clock. The other devices except sound devices also may cause noise generation. Especially, the graphic card and LAN card causes most of the noise generation. Therefore slot replacement and device inspection for the graphic card and LAN card are reco㎜ended for troubleshooting.
※ Reference : Deactivating Embedded Sound Devices
3) Install motherboard chipset patch driver and Replace other device driver(required)
Devices mounted on the computer are operated together in one operating system. If the motherboard chipset or optimized drivers for each device in the computer are not properly patched, data transfer errors or device errors may occur. Check existing motherboard chipset for chipset patch, and update drivers of installed devices as latest version. Also, update motherboard ROM BIOS as latest version.
4) Check transfer mode of IDE controller and hard disk(required)
If data transfer mode between the hard disk and CD-ROM is not properly set or the hard disk data cable is wrongly connected, it may cause various noises, errors, and latency of the system. Data transfer between hard disks having different transfer speed may cause noise generation or cut-off of playback of a large file like a movie. In this case, copy and paste the file in the hard disk where the operating system is installed, and then play the file.
5) Check ground of the computer.
Occasionally, current is felt by hand on the computer case mainly due to improper ground. A check-up for installation between the computer case and the motherboard may prevent current flow on the computer case. If the installation is normal, then check if the power supply is defective. This improper ground may cause noise generation. For minimizing noise generation and preventing improper ground which may cause damage to parts of the computer, install an electric wire on the metal surface of the computer case, and drop the electric wire to a water pipe, gas pipe, metal desk, or bottom of the floor. The computer is strongly reco㎜ended to be connected with an extension code having ground, or to be directly connected to an outlet for proper ground.
6) Change the power supply.
If your computer temporarily uses the same power supply with lighting or your computer is connected to the same power supply with the lighting due to wrong electric wiring in the building, noise may be generated by flickering of the lighting. In this case, use other power supply. For example, HIFI device employs a stable power supply using devices like a shielding transformer for preventing sound distortion and noise problems.
• Channel : 2ch(2.1ch) / 4ch / 5.1ch
• Interface : PCI Express 1x slot，1*MIC in, 1*Line In, 1*Front-out, 1*Rear-out, 1*Bass(C/W)-out
• Dimension : 93㎜ x 64㎜ x 16㎜
• Support OS : Windows®10, 8 / 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
· Up to 5.1 channel output with 3.5㎜ Jack
· Stereo Line-in with 3.5㎜ Jack
· 16bit/44.1㎑ & 16bit/48㎑ support
ㆍ2 year limited warranty for free the date of your purchase is applicable.
ㆍThe date of purchase is referred to the dated itemized receipt. If proof of receipt is not possible, the date of the purchase is estimated from product manufactured date.
ㆍThe limited warranty is only applicable for free in case of normal usage during warranty period. Any failure or damage of the product by natural disaster (lightening, fire, flooding, etc.), remodeling, and carelessness or mistakes of user even if during the warranty period.
ㆍFor more information about product and technical support, please feel free to visit our website and go to Q&A board to be supported.