|Description :||User's guide|
MAYA 5.1MK-II series(POS / ZENI) support all of the analog 5.1 channel output, PCM Digital-Out, and passthrough Digital-Out with the best performance compared with a low price. MAYA 5.1MK-II series employs VIA`s high-performance Audio Controller Chipset and Codec Chipset(supporting analog 5.1 channel output, microphone, Line-In, stereo mix recording, and so forth) for stunning sound and various multimedia functions based on the stable circuit design. The passthrough Digital-Output enables perfect 5.1 channel playback of DVD, and AC3 or DTS formatted movies only with playback software during use of a decoder-embedded 5.1 channel home theater speaker or a receiver amplifier. An independent headphone output (POS) in addition to the basic front, rear, center/woofer outputs is supported for the easy use of an earphone and headphone. A headphone amplifier is basically embedded in the headphone output for excellent performance (※ The headphone amplifier is employed in the front output of MAYA 5.1MK-II ZENI)
High performance Audio Controller Chipset and Codec Chipset/Highly stable board design
VIA`s high performance audio controller chipset and codec chipset for a high quality sound card are employed to realize both stability and high quality sound. Perfect ground design of the power regulator and the high quality elements guarantee the safety most.
Upmixing and downmixing functions between 2 and 5.1 channels
Playback of an MP3 file, an audio CD, and window basic sounds is 2 channel stereo. MAYA 5.1MK-II series enables such 2 channel sounds to be mixed up to 5.1 channel to output and also enables 5.1 channel to be mixed down to 2 channel for the use of a 2 channel speaker, a 2.1 channel speaker, an earphone, a headphone, and so forth.
Headphone driver and anti-pop circuit
An independent headphone output(POS) in addition to the basic front, rear, center/woofer outputs is supported for the easy use of an earphone and headphone. A headphone amplifier is basically embedded in the headphone output for excellent performance(※ The headphone amplifier is embedded in front output of MAYA 5.1MK-II ZENI). Anti-pop circuit is applied to minimize pop-noises generated by power ON/OFF of a computer.
3D sound acceleration
Users can enjoy EAX 1.0/2.0, Direct Sound 3D games with QSound Effect supported in Windows XP / Vista / 7.
LowProfile for slim PC and bare born PC
LP type PCB is designed to provide an additional bracket for LowProfile standard(slim PC and bare born PC) so that MAYA 5.1MK-II series are available for a middle tower PC or a slim PC.
Highly stable driver
Almost all operation systems such as Windows XP 32/64-bit, Windows 32/64-bit, Windows 7 32/64-bit and so forth are supported. And VIA`s highly stable and compatible reference driver with a digital sign is provided.
Computer requirement is very crucial for enjoying all multimedia functions of MAYA 5.1 MK-II series.
Basically MAYA 5.1MK-II series products are intended to use minimum computer resources, but
reco㎜ended requirement should be met for the best performance.
1. Intel Pentium III 1㎓ CPU or higher or equivalent AMD CPU
2. Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, VIA chipset motherboard
3. 256MB main memory
4. One available PCI slot
5. Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/XP64 and Windows Vista 32/64 OS
6. UDMA 66 or higher-supporting hard disk
7. CD-ROM 40X or higher
8. Amplifier built-in 2 channel stereo speaker
1. Intel Pentium4 2.0G CPU or higher or equivalent AMD CPU
2. Intel, AMD, NVIDIA chipset motherboard
3. 512MB or more main memory
4. One available PCI slot
5. Microsoft Windows XP OS
6. UDMA 100/133-supporting hard disk or S-ATA type hard disk
7. CD-ROM 40X or higher
8. Amplifier built-in 5.1 channel speaker
※ Very high system performance and highly featuring latest graphic card are required for playing lasted 3D game and for playback high-definition formatted movies such as blue-ray / HD DVD and H.264 / VC-1 and so forth.(High performance Dual Core CPU, 1GB or more RAM, and Direct X 10-supporting graphic card are reco㎜ended)
① MIC/ LINE-IN : Connecting with a MIC or TV receiving card.
② FRONT-OUT : Connecting with a front speaker.
③ REAR-OUT : Connecting with a rear speaker.
④ CENTER/WOOFER-OUT : Connecting with a center/woofer speaker.
⑤ DIGITAL(OPTICAL)-OUT (angular) : Connecting with a decoder-embedded speaker or a receiver amplifier.
⑥ S/PDIF OUT : Coaxial output jack for internal connection with HDMI supporting graphic card or expansion connection for case front bay.
● 2 channel(2.1 channel) speaker or headset is supposed to be connected to FRONT-OUT for use.
● Uncheck Control panel → Play Back → MIC → MUTE for the use of MIC on MIC/LINE-IN.
● Uncheck Control panel → Play Back → LINE-IN → MUTE and also uncheck Control panel → Play Back → MIC → MUTE for connecting a TV receiving card with MIC/LINE-IN.
※ Avoid directly facing a beam lit from an optical-out port after an optical cable is connected to the optical-out port for preventing damage to vision.
3) Remove the computer case from the computer. Check one vacant PCI slot located on the
2) Locate a PCI slot. Remove the empty guide from the computer case. The guide is usually inserted in a vacant slot. When installing an extension multimedia card, users are strongly encouraged to acco㎜odate the sound card to a slot which is positioned one or more slot away from the graphic card.
3) Insert the sound card in a vacant slot. Slowly press the sound card after exactly aligning the bottom and the guide part of the sound card with the slot. Firmly press the sound card into the slot until it fits snugly, and then use the screw to secure the guide part and computer case.
※Caution : If the sound card is wrongly acco㎜odated to the PCI slot, then the power is on,system including the sound card may cause severe damage.
4) After completing the installation of the sound card, place the computer case back on the computer, reconnect the power cable, and install the speaker. ※Caution : Users should use AMP-embedded speaker using power cable.
There are some check-out points to be performed prior to driver installation as follows.
Deactivating Embedded Sound Devices
The sound devices are generally embedded in the most of latest motherboard and are considerably inferior to the PCI sound card purchased. Newly installed PCI sound card occasionally conflicts with on-board sound devices. 3~6 stereo terminals around USB port indicate that there are existing sound devices on the motherboard. Please refer to below for setting the sound devices as “Disable”.
※Caution : In case of wrong setup of motherboard ROM BIOS, it may cause a booting error. Users are strongly encouraged to consult about the setup with manufacturer of your motherboard.
1) Turn on your computer, and then keep pressing [DEL] to enter CMOS SETUP. Method for entering the CMOS SETUP may differ depending on the motherboard, mostly by pressing [DEL], but rarely by pressing F1, F2, or F10.
2) Select Sound Setting mostly from Onboard Device or Integrated Peripherals, but rarely from Advanced Setting or Chipset Setting.
3) Set Onboard Sound, HD Audio, AC`97 Audio, MIDI, and Gameport as Disable. Press Esc.
Then Save & Exit appears. Press the Save & Exit to complete the setting.
ex ) Onboard Device Configuration → High Definition Audio → [Disable]
Integrated Peripherals → HD Audio Controller → [Disable]
If your motherboard has different CMOS setting details from details described above, please consult with manufacturer of your motherboard. Because the CMOS setting details are slightly different depending on the motherboard
Motherboard Chipset Patch and Window Update(Service Pack)
Unless motherboard chipset driver, window update, and service pack are properly installed, error or continuous noise may occur during driver installation of the PCI sound card. Therefore, if the operating system is newly installed, window update and service pack as well as motherboard chipset patch driver included in the installation CD bundled with motherboard should be applied prior to installation of the sound card. If you think you don`t know well enough about your motherboard chipset, please consult with manufacturer of your motherboard.
1) After completing sound card installation, restart your computer. If you are prompted for new driver found, click cancel, and then insert the bundled installation CD into the CD-ROM drive. Click CD-ROM in my computer, and then execute Setup.exe file in Driver → MAYA51MK2 folder.
※Caution : By simply specifying a driver location, the basic driver may be installed like the existing sound card. If you want to use a control panel program, you should use setup program to install the driver.
2) After completing the installation as follows, restart your computer if prompted.
3) After restarting your computer, the control panel icon is created on right side of the taskbar. Also the Audio Deck control panel program is registered on start program menu.
4) Click the control panel icon on the taskbar, and then control panel appears on the screen. You may set volume control, digital output, analog output channel configuration, input configuration, and so forth.
Click the Audio Deck icon on right side of the taskbar, and then the control panel appears on the screen.
① S/PDIF Control : Sets DIGITAL-OUT.
② Speaker : Sets speaker output channel.
③ Play Back : Controls wave output, soft synthesis, and DIGITAL-OUT volume individually.
④ Recording : Records external ANALOG-IN such as windows playback sounds and MIC LINE-IN sounds.
⑤ Sound Effects : Activates QSound Effect in Advanced Control and restart system. Then setting window appears. ( Rebooting is not required in Windows Vista.)
⑥ KalaOK : It sets Vocal Cancel and Pitch control.
⑦ Advanced Control : It sets Stereo Expander, QSound Effect, and so forth.
⑧ Information : Shows driver, window, direct X, control panel versions and so forth.
⑨ Mute : Gets into Mute state.
⑩ Link : Controls right and left channel volume simultaneously.
⑪ Master Volume : Controls volume of the sound card by moving volume fader up and down.
⑫ Exit : Allows the control panel to disappear from the window screen.
● Press 2 to select 2 channel output for use of a 2 channel(2.1 channel) speaker.
You can control Digital Output(PCM) volume by PCM SPDIF, if you click the arrows of Control panel right Aux
you can control output volume(monitoring volume) about external analog source of line-input and Mic etc.
Users may record Analog-In such as MIC and Line-In, and Windows playback sounds.
●To record Windows playback sounds, select Stereo Mixer in Recording Select and turn down the left volume appropriately. If the volume is low during use of a low sensitive MIC such as a dynamic MIC, check 20㏈ boost option on the right Advanced Control.
※ Avoid too much high recording volume which may causes an increase in Gain and sound distortion.
⑤ Sound Effects
●Equalizer : If it is checked to be activated, Equalizer is usable.
- Press Preset to load or store preset value.
- Check Smooth Slider to be convenient for some of adjacent values to be getting controlled simultaneously.
●QXpander : As a 2 channel virtual surround function, it gets phases of Stereo-Out sound into the center or extends the phases to make spatial sense.
●Vocal Cancel : It removes vocal range from playback of music.
●Stereo Expander : It expands the output of the front channel to center/woofer channel to output.
※ Caution : If it is checked, 5.1 channel sound separation is not applied during the test of 5.1 channel speaker or playback of 5.1 channel movies. So, uncheck this for 5.1 channel sound separation.
●Smooth GUI Mode Enable : If it is unchecked, output level meter is shown in Wave of Master Volume and Play Back during playback.
●I㎜ezio 3D Effects Enable : It activates Sound Effects setting window.( Rebooting is required in other versions than Windows Vista.)
※ Caution : If it is checked, Qsound Effect mode is applied. So, check this unless you play games or use Qsound Effect for higher quality sound. QSound Effect is not supported in Windows XP 64Bit.
You can check out versions of the driver, window, direct X, control panel, and so forth. in Information.
FAQ / TIP provides tips for solving problems you may encounter during the use of MAYA 5.1 MK-II series
Q: How Can I Remove Driver...?
If an error in the control panel occurs or the driver is required to be updated, remove the previously installed driver, restart the system, and reinstall the driver. For removing the driver, execute Setup.exe file in the installation CD to uninstall the driver. Or go to Control Panel → Program Add/Remove, and then execute Unlnstall Envy24 Family Audio Device Driver.